Important University Dates and Assignment Due Dates
- Wed. Aug 18: FDOC (first day of classes)
- Thurs. Aug. 19: ENGL 105i, Sec 027 first class session
- Mon. Sept. 6: Labor Day (no classes held)
- Tues. Oct. 12: University Day (we will not meet for class)
- Thurs. Oct. 21: Fall Break (no classes held)
- Fri. Oct. 22: Fall Break (no classes held)
- Wed. Nov. 24: Thanksgiving Break (no classes held)
- Thurs. Nov. 25: Thanksgiving Break (no classes held)
- Fri. Nov. 26: Thanksgiving Break (no classes held)
- Tues. Nov. 30: ENGL 105i, Sec 027 final class session
- Wed. Dec. 1: LDOC (last day of classes)
- Fri. Dec. 3: ENGL 105i, Sec 027 final course grades reported by 5:00pm
Note: There is no final exam for this course.
Assignment Due Dates:
- Feeder 1.1: Mon. Sept. 6 by 11:59pm (Sakai>Assignments)
- Feeder 1.2: Mon. Sept. 13 by 11:59pm (Sakai>Assignments)
- Unit Project 1: Mon. Sept. 27 by 11:59pm (Post to the course website: video and transcript)
- Feeder 2.1: Wed. Oct. 6 by 11:59pm (Sakai>Assignments)
- Feeder 2.2: Mon. Oct. 18 by 11:59pm (Sakai>Assignments)
- Unit Project 2: Wed. Oct. 27 by 11:59pm (Post all presentation materials to the course website)
- Unit Project 2: Thurs. Oct. 28 (Deliver presentations in class)
- Feeder 3.1: Mon. Nov. 8 by 11:59pm (Sakai>Assignments)
- Feeder 3.2: Wed. Nov. 17 by 11:59pm (Sakai>Assignments)
- Unit Project 3: Mon. Nov. 29 by 11:59pm (Post to the course website)
- All Extra Credit: Mon. Nov. 29 by 11:59pm
- Course Blog Post: Varies; see “Course Blog Post Assignment Prompt” (Sakai>Resources>Course Website Resources) for individual deadlines.
Note: Typically, all assignments will be submitted electronically. The due dates listed above are for the final drafts of each of these assignments. You will be expected to complete and turn in earlier drafts of all of these assignments throughout the semester. Unless otherwise specified, all assignments and drafts are due by 11:59pm on the given due date (the night before class), as are all daily homework assignments. Late submission of drafts will severely affect your grades. See the “Evaluation and Grading” section of this syllabus regarding late submission of graded assignments. For specific assignment guidelines, always refer to the assignment prompt for that specific assignment (Sakai>Resources).
See also the “Calendar” tab on our Sakai course site for reminders about due dates for graded assignments, etc. although you are ultimately responsible for making a note of all due dates and other expectations outlined in this syllabus.