Only applicants with the following qualifications will be considered:
- Successful completion of an Exercise Science-related Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- 3.0 or higher GPA in the following courses
- Faculty support (via letters of recommendation) of the applicant’s ability to complete a masters degree, including a thesis project, without reservations.
Strength & Conditioning
- Certified as a CSCS or CSCCa by August 1st, 2023. Must obtain CSCS within 1 year of enrollment.
- At least 300 hours of strength and conditioning experience.
- Able to write safe and realistic programs for an Olympic Varsity Sport.
- Strength Coach support (via letters of recommendation) of the applicant’s ability to provide strength and conditioning services to a UNC varsity sports teams, without reservations.
Applicants with the following qualifications will be more competitive:
- Can currently be classified as an in-state resident. Click this for more information on residency.
- Describe a clear research interest (for your Thesis) and mention which exercise physiology faculty members best reflect your interest (they may mentor/oversee your thesis project).
- Previous research experience (e.g., senior honors thesis, worked on a faculty’s project, presented at a conference, etc.)
Strength and Conditioning
- Team-based strength and conditioning experience
- Applicant’s coaching philosophy is congruent with that of the UNC Olympic Sports Strength and Conditioning Staff.