UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health aims to create a connected and powerful tool to portray maps, data and stories for educating and inspiring prospective students, current students, legislators, media, community partners, and donors.
Need for the Software
- UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health has multiple maps representing a vast amount of data and countless fascinating stories. However, currently, these maps appear on different areas on the websites, and they do not have a consistent appearance and cannot interact with each other. Therefore, there is a need for a dashboard or integrative tool to display meaningful connections between maps and data and to convey powerful stories.
Target Software Platform
- The target software platform is initially web browsers on desktop. If time is available, this project will extend to web browsers on mobile devices.
Target Users of the Software
- The target users of the software are prospective and current students, legislators, media, community partners, donors and those who want to learn about the work and the solutions of UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health using its website.
- The client of this project is UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health.
Why We Care
- Public Health is everywhere and gaining recognition, especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic period.
- Using maps and data to convey stories worthwhile spreading is intriguing to do.
- Build a dashboard or integrative tools on a webpage to connect existing maps, data and stories.