Nearly 9% of students in the UNC Gillings School of Public Health are food insecure. To combat this, we maintain a food pantry located in 2210 McGavran-Greenberg Hall! Any student in Gillings is welcome to visit for nourishment or supplies in times of need.
How can you help?
- Taking Inventory: Click here for the volunteer sign up sheet with instructions and details. If you have any questions feel free to email us!
Good Bowls Donations
Help us keep Good Bowls stocked in our freezer! Good Bowls are nutritious frozen meals put together by volunteers under Dr. Ammerman, a professor in the UNC Nutrition Department. You can help fund these bowls here: https://www.eatgoodbowls.com/cjspantry
Donations of any of the following items are greatly appreciated! Donations can be made by purchasing items off of our Amazon wishlist, which ships to the office of Nutrition Coalition’s faculty advisor, Professor Amanda Holliday. Donations can also be given by drop-off in the food pantry.
- Canned soups
- Shelf-stable meat (canned chicken, tuna fish, beef jerky, etc.)
- International food (ramen cups, rice bowls, rice crackers, Hispanic food/products)
- Small boxes of cereal
- Snacks (peanut butter crackers, pudding, granola, fruit snacks, popcorn, etc.)
- Chewing gum
- Other non-perishable food
- Grocery store gift cards (Note: Please email Professor Amanda Holliday at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to donate a grocery store gift card.)
- Bottled water
- Individual servings of coffee (Keurig pods or instant coffee packages)
- Hot chocolate packets
- Single serve ultra high temperature pasteurized milk
- Feminine supplies
- Bar soap
- Dish soap
- Laundry pods (ex. Tide pods)
Comments? Suggestions? Items out of stock?
Please feel free to fill out this form with comments or suggestions. We welcome any feedback!